Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Light in the Indian sky


I finally arrived in Pune after over 15 hours of travelling with every type of vehicle possible: Rickshaw, plane, train and taxi. It was tiring but I'm now settled in pune and tomorrow I'm going to the Krishnamurti Center.
I had an amazing experience on the flight over. As I was riding on the rickshaw from Sarnath to the Varanasi airport, I was getting very emotional. I had just said goodbye to all the wonderful people I met in the retreats and felt like i'm leaving family. But as the emotions were coming up, a true sense of happiness was there, and I saw the streets of India in a new and bright light, with a fresh feeling that nothing can go wrong. Everything is ok.

So at the airport, I finished my check-in and as I was waiting for the boarding to the flight I found myself right in the middle of a huge group of tourists from Argentina. It felt like being in Meflasim. Very loud and noisy and a lot of spanish. But I felt at home with it in some strange way, like I was connecting with Gali's family through these people with their fun and spicey energyies. As they got on the plane, the waiting hall got quiet and a strange group of middle-aged American women, all wearing pink and white Saris took seats around me. Immediately I felt good for some reason, being near them. Something about their faces kept me drawn to looking at them with a strange fascination. They had calm, soft eyes and I saw a aura of light around them. I never felt anything like this before. I had to find out who they were, I was very curious. So I started chatting with this woman, Caroline, and she told me that they are a group from a community of women in Iowa (central USA) of TM, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi disciples. Kind of like Hararit in Israel. They all came for the funeral of the Maharishi who died on Feb. 5th, and they poured his ashes into the Ganga at Allahabad and Varanasi with a big ceremony. Then she started telling me all about the maharishi and the practice they are doing for world peace, building communities all over the world where they are determined to raise the collective consciousness of the world through reciting vedic mantras and connecting to the cosmic TEDER of the universe. She was so passionate about it, and I just sat there listening, drinking her words.
After that, as if by cosmic plan, my seat on the plane was right in the middle of the group, and sitting next to me was one of the managers of the Maharishi University in Iowa. He looks like a typical rich american in his 60's but he had this softness in his eyes that just melted my heart and we had an amazing conversation all the way to Mumbai. He told me more about how their practice is changing the consciousness of the world and how the vedic sciptures are built in correlation to the human body and mind and embody the powers of nature in the text (much like the kabalah...). On the breaks between talking we both just naturally closed our eyes and went into meditation. At one moment I opened my eyes and saw the whole row of seats to the left of me, 3 men and 2 women, sitting and meditating and I felt the great power and sweetness of this moment, that everything is ok as it is.

So I just feel there is some force protecting me from the moment I left Sarnath, My heart is open and the world is in it giving me back love and support.

Om

No comments: